From:
Rachel Myr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 May 2001 23:23:03 +0200
Teresa Pitman writes of a woman who noted that her baby didn't have any
sense of boundaries.  An astute observation, but upsetting in that the
mother saw this as a lack in the baby, rather than an expression of the
baby's developmental stage, before awareness of separateness of self and
others.  There's no time in our lives when we have more possibilities, and
fewer boundaries!  I wonder how many breastfed children grow up with such an
attitude to closeness?  Bet it is an artifact of detachment parenting!

Which must be what that pathetic person in the second part of Teresa's post
is the product of-- imagine going along with fatherhood as long as both
parents act like the baby never arrived.  Puh-THET-ic!  If I hadn't already
figured it out by then, that would be enough to make me seek breeding stock
elsewhere.  This man must have some really major, and extremely well-hidden,
assets.

Rachel Myr
Kristiansand, Norway