Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 18:49:42 EST
Hi all,

Does anyone information or know of a web site on managing induced lactation
for an infertile adoptive mother with Turner's Syndrome?  If so your help
would be most appreciative.

The syndrome is managed by use of combination oral birth control pills to
make up for inactive ovaries.  Will the use of Domperidone or Reglan counter
these birth control pills enough to make it worth her while to try for some
milk?  The Lactnet archives discussions to date say that it may be
theoretically possible to breastfeed but no one that commented knew of anyone
that had.

I know it may be more involved than just the birth control pills, but
information/experience with that would be helpful too

In the meantime I'll be browsing the web I guess...

Natalie Shenk, BS, IBCLC
Private Practice in Findlay Ohio USA and at SVMMC in Toledo Ohio