Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 1999 09:10:16 EDT
I need everyone's opinions on breastpumps. I am having a problem at work with
our nurse manager who has now rented Ameda-Egnell pumps (in addition to the
good old tried and true Medelas we have had for years). She did this without
ever asking any of us who do the lactation work.

Could I have any and all opinions on what you think of Ameda-Egnell as
opposed to Medela as far as comfort, milk volume, ease of use,etc?

We are forced at times (if there are none clean) to out Ameda parts on the
Medela pumps. I was under the impression that it is ILLEGAL to use one
manufacturer's parts on another's equipment. I have had several negative
experiences (with patient discomfort) when I have done this. Our biomedical
engineers concur about not substituting parts and I have written to Medela
directly. I cannot come up with an Ameda-Egnell website to contact.

Could I ask any of you who can to e-mail me with any input you have on this
subject? I would really appreciate it. I know that we don't need to clog up
the board with this. My e-mail address is [log in to unmask]

Thanks everyone, in advance. By the way, Dr. Newman, a couple of my
colleagues attended your last conference a couple of weeks ago at Hartford
Hospital in Connecticut and said your part of the presentation was the only
good part of the entire day.

Betsy Riedel R.N.C.,CLC