From:
Dawn Kersula <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 2009 08:02:30 -0500
My dentist told me the reason they don't clip is because the area is
highly vascularized and "it bleeds like crazy". He hadn't seen any
frenotomies done, however...
Our local ENT will now come on MD request to do frenotomies on the
floor - usually one that the MD sees first (read cesarean section) or
where the parents see it and have family history with relatives
needing to be clipped. He does them on the circ tray to keep baby's
hands out of the way.
(PLease no circ discussions, remember this is Lactnet!)
Dawn Kersula in southern Vermont
.....where some weeks 1/3 of babies have tongue ties in this very
white part of the country, plenty of English/Scotch/Irish settlers
with a few Polish married to Slovak thrown in!!