From:
Alia Heise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2006 11:38:38 -0400
(http://nursingessentials.org/shopcontent.asp?type=products)

I found these quite some time ago when a friend and I were doing a pro mom nurse out. We were contacted by the owner asking us to promote her product. She sent us brochures and samples and as far as I can tell it is a complete gimmick. We sat there in my living room reading the material and trying on the products and we saw no point to it at all. My friend tried nursing her baby with one on and the product did not stay on the breast even! The are also extremely expensive, because it is suppose to be one pair per feeding. The brochures babbled on and on with no real explanation of how the products helped a mother nor talked about prevention of sore nipples, or how to correct the problem that caused them (and there are SO many reasons as we know.) I am not sure how this woman developed the product (it seems to be singly owned by a mother...?) but it has no merit as far as I can see. The product reminded me of a material Lily Padz are made from but flimsier and thinner and I think it is a choking hazard, like I said the product did not stay on the breast. The owner will send samples out if anyone wants to get a closer look at them. Hopefully they won't be popping up in stores anytime soon...My two cents!

Genuinely,
Alia Heise, CLC, CPD(DONA), Birth Doula
Finger Lakes NY