From:
Lynn Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 11:45:02 -0600
Re; showing up for jury duty with a baby--DON'T DO IT.  You can get
cited for contempt of court.  Missouri is *awful* about breastfeeding
moms (moms in general!) and jury duty.  I was actually laughed at when I
told the clerk that I was breastfeeding.  She asked how old the baby
was, and was absolutely disgusted when I said he was 15mo.  I identified
myself as a breastfeeding mom who had lots of trouble with mastitis when
I first received the pre-selection survey.  It did me no good, and I was
summoned a few months later.  I consulted with Liz Baldwin and an LLL
medical associate, and they gave me the foundation for a doctor's
letter.  The only sure deal is a medical exemption.  If you have a
doctor's signature, you're all set, but without it you're stuck.

Lynn in MO