From:
Debbie Dixon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 2014 12:28:36 +1000
Hi everyone
I am "relatively" new to private practice as an IBCLC and I am sorry if this is a silly question to those of you have been doing this for so many years.  I am wondering if anyone asks clients for evaluations of the service they provide as a lactation consultant, similar to evaluations that are handed out for participants at conferences?  I am not talking about evaluations of the course & presenter such as would be used at ante-natal classes, but evaluations on "the whole package" that makes up the lactation service that is being provided to the client. Also, as regards business references that you can use on your website, how do you get those? Do you actually ask clients outright if they'd like to write one?I wondered if anyone had any light to throw on these aspects of private practice & how you know you are on the right track!!   I feel like I am flying blind a bit sometimes, as I am the sole private practitioner in my regional town & can't easily communicate a lot with other LCs except at conferences.

Warmly,

Debra Dixon IBCLC CIMI PMC

International
Board Certified Lactation Consultant