From:
Winifred Mading <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Aug 2005 08:32:28 -0500
I'm still a few digests behind after being off for a week, so forgive me if this has already been said.

The following bothers me: "They performed tomography and couldn't find evidence of tumors or clots or
hemorrhage in the brain. Apparently they think, a clot passed through her cerebellum, and that caused the neurological symptoms"

Have they written off the possibility of MS or ALS (Lou Gherig's disease)?  Neither is a pretty picture, but the idea of making an assumption and then giving meds based on that assumption rather than looking further, especially when those meds may compromise the health of the baby by making mom's milk less available for the baby falls short of what should be expected.

My heart really goes out to this mom.  Sometimes life just isn't fair.  Here is a mom who is totally committed to breastfeeding who might have to stop while other moms who have no such medical concerns just can't be bothered to breastfeed.

Winnie