From:
Jenny Bowen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 18:31:00 -0700
Any ideas would be helpful. I am working with a Mom who delivered 7 days ago at 28 weeks gestation. He weighs 340gms, extreme IUGR. He is on a ventilator and not being fed yet. Mom has been able to hold him in her hands and hoping to hold him skin-to-skin soon.
Mom had breast tenderness during preg. , no size change. She is a gravida 2 and had no problem with production last time. This time her milk was at ~30cc every 3 hours  on day 4, now at ~5-10 cc every 3 hours now. No fullness felt. She started fenugreek today. She did not have excessive bleeding with delivery. We talked about stress. But she is doing pretty good, she is happy that he is doing so well, they thought that he wouldn't survive the delivery, she thinks every day with him is a gift.
Is it too early to start Reglan. Are we worrying too early?  Could there be a link to the low production and the severe IUGR?

Your wisdom will be greatly appreciated.

Kim Sweet RN, IBCLC