From:
Mary Orchiston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 15:00:55 -0500
Further to my post yesterday about skin tag on nipple. I don't think I
explained position well. It is attached at almost tip of nipple and is long
enough and large enough to hold back out of way as baby would gag or choke
on it. An older baby may be able to draw it in or traumatise it. Having it
snipped during lactation would leave a small wound which should heal
quickly. Is it better to leave it or deal to it in case of potential
problems? Please reply direct.
Mary Orchsiton RN IBCLC
New Zealand