From:
Molly Brannigan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 2014 17:58:55 -0700
Dear Wise Ones-

How do we ascertain when catch-up growth is necessary and, when necessary,
how much is desirable.

If baby did not regain birth weight until 8 weeks (not under my care
then!!!) but has since been gaining on low end of normal (now 5.5 months)
is catch-up growth necessary? If so, how much?

Baby is mellow and happy. Has maintained %ile for length-for-age and
head-circumference-for age. Is meeting social and cognitive milestones.
When asked about specific motor milestones, mother reports baby is doing
those things, though to my eye, muscle tone is slightly low and energy is
on the mellow side (but nothing I would find alarming in a baby gaining
well).

I met this baby today and will be following closely in conjunction with
baby's pediatrician. Family has just moved to this area after a job change.

Thanks for guidance!!

Step one: persuade mother baby would be happy with more food! She is not
there yet. But I persuaded her make some changes, and I am hoping that baby
will pep up and mother will see what has been missing.

Thanks, Molly