From:
Penny Piercy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Oct 1997 10:25:07 EDT
I wanted to throw in an observation I've had regarding oxytocin release
and MER while nursing my most recent baby (10 weeks old).  I've found
that if she's been asleep for a while and gone without nursing for about
an hour, I will get a sudden surge of a feeling of loving emotion.  The
"love feeling" is often directed toward her, but I've also felt it
directed toward my older son (no longer nursing).  About 60 seconds after
this wave of emotion passes, I feel my milk let down.  What surprised me
was that looking at or thinking about my daughter doesn't always
precipitate this.  I've been washing the dishes (no love lost there),
felt the emotional surge, felt compelled to look at or think of her then,
then the inevitable letdown, like clockwork.

My unscientific sense of it is that my body is releasing the oxytocin
regularly, and that the secretion of what Dr. Michel Odent has called
"the hormone of love" actually *causes* me to feel love.  And of course
to experience an MER.

Anyone else experience or observe a similar phenonmenon?

Penny Piercy, LLL Leader
Wife to Van for 8 years, Mom to Patrick (4.5 yrs.) & Sarah (2 mo.)
from Bloomington, IN  <[log in to unmask]>