Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 20:28:00 +0000
I have posted on Lactnet before about bf support at work and EU
legislation, and my understanding of the whole parental leave thing is that
in the UK at least, our own domestic legislation takes precedence over
anything the EU recommends/decrees. Member states differ quite a bit with
regard to maternity leave for example. Scandinavian countries are generally
held up as a model of good practice. I am not an expert in this, however -
though I do know what happens in the UK, and  I know it's different in
Scandinavia, France, Spain, Italy at least.

It's worth looking to see if the EU have any of this info on their website(s).

Heather Welford Neil
NCT bfc UK