From:
Heather Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 11:31:46 -0400
Hi,
I have been a list member for just 2 weeks and have absolutely loved the information I have read! You guys are wonderful! Anyway, my name is Heather and I am a RN now stay at home mom, I am currently in grad school to be a FNP. My real passion is in breastfeeding education/promotion as that was what I loved while working in OB and also where I saw the greatest need (where I worked the breastfeeding promotion was awful, maybe a little in-service!). I have been going through some personal grief lately as I try to figure out if I want to continue with school (I have 12 credits) or start working part-time to get the experience/hours to sit for the boards in a few years and be a LC (which I would eventually do as a FNP too). Anyone out there (esp. a FNP/PNP/WHNP) that has any advice? I am up for any!
Right now I am kept busy with what I love most, being with my children, helping out my eldest child's kindergarten class, breastfeeding my 18 mo old son and generally just being busy with house work. I love school, would love to be a FNP but I really only want to work with moms/babies and esp. the breastfeeding pair. I hope to make a decision soon as it would make life easier on me and my family. Hope to have information to contribute as time goes on, thanks for listening (reading).
Warmly,
Heather Davis, RN (LC wanna be)
Mother to Jamison age 5 and Dayne age 18 mo-my breastfeeding son!
Now living in beautiful South Carolina, formerly from Indiana