From:
Janet Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 14:03:09 -0800
Hi All,
Got an interesting question today -
Mom is tandem nursing a 2 yr old and a 4 yr old - Dr told her that she
needed to wean them so that they would have "normal" hemaglobin tests.
?????  I know doesn't make sense to me either, but she said that is what he
said.  She wanted to know what the "normal" range for hemaglobin tests would
be.  She needs the info for WIC, and doesn't want to wean for something
that, as she put it "Just doesn't make any sense, to me."  The Dr said he
doesn't want to perform the blood draw until they are weaned.  ????  I told
her she could change peds :) or just tell him that she had weaned if she
wanted :), she liked both ideas, but her hubby really likes this particular
Dr (all the children in his extended family go to this guy) and he doesn't
want to "hurt his feelings".  sigh....

Mom would rather do the finger stick/hematocrit but Dr insists on blood
draw.  ???

Jay
getting a lot of weird statements about Drs these days...
Jay Simpson, CLE
Sacramento, California, West Coast, USA
"No Miracles performed here, just a lot of love and hard work."