From:
DEBORAH M BOEHLE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 1995 17:28:12 EDT
Hi everyone,
  I've been soooooo busy, I haven't been on in ages, but I
have a situation for which I wanted some input.
  I am an IBCLC and also an ICCE (childbirth educator).  For
my childbirth classes, various coompanies send me these
gift packs for my students.  In the past, they've been
pretty harmless:  soap, detergent, lotion, shampoo, Q-tips,
etc.  Well, the most recent shipments of American Baby
Basket and the pink one (I can't remember the name)...both
contain sign-up sheets for the Mead Johnson baby club and
Carnation Good Start Club (gag me!).  When I first saw these
in the pink bags, I pulled them out before handing the rest
of the stuff to my students, but now I see it in the
American Baby Basket bags too.  I suppose I should write a
letter to these companies and inform them about the WHO
Code, etc, etc.
  Should I just continue to pull out the artificial baby
milk propoganda, or should I inform these companies to stop
sending me their stuff (until they remove the ABM
propoganda)?  Are there any others out there who have faced
this situation?
  Thanks in advance for your input.
                             Best wishes,
                             Debby Boehle, IBCLC, ICCE & MOM