From:
Nikki Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 2004 08:32:31 EST
In a message dated 12/3/2004 12:05:30 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

I can give  her the information on how long it is in her urine or what the
negative  effects there are but there is no half-life or amount of time that
I  can
find where she can go back to nursing. How long should she wait? Other  drugs
give this information. I would never tell someone to nurse or not  nurse when
giving medication information. It is absolutely their  choice.

Daer Friends:
    She can nurse; marijuana in her milk will not make  the baby high. There
is no evidence from anywhere in the world that says the  baby will get high,
even though its drug screen is positive.
    Our main concern is about her parenting and her  safety.
    The problem is giving information when there are  strong beliefs, values
and laws about the activity.
    warmly,
Nikki Lee RN, MS, Mother of 2, IBCLC, CCE
Maternal-Child Adjunct  Faculty Union Institute and University
Film Reviews Editor, Journal of Human  Lactation
Support the WHO Code and the Mother-Friendly Childbirth  Initiative