From:
Zoo-Mama <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 12:12:43 -0600
At 4:51 PM +0100 1/26/02, Rachel Myr wrote:

>But I was very aware of one thing, and that was, using neutral, non-slang
>words about breastfeeding at all times.  My daughter learned to call what
>she drank 'milk' (how revolutionary).

All well and good until your toddler decides on his own to refer to nursing
as "tee-tee" which sounds remarkably like "titties" which is sort of
adolescent slang for breasts.  Odd since we never use "titties" as a word
for breasts in this household.  But interesting if you like to think about
word origins... though "titties" probably came from "teats."  Wonder where
my toddler came up with "tee-tee" then, since we don't say teats either?

Maren

Eli (3/4/99): http://ohww.norman.ok.us/eli
Isaac (10/17/01): http://ohww.norman.ok.us/isaac