Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2007 16:41:17 EDT

In a message dated 4/12/2007 1:41:36 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

From:  [log in to unmask]
> Date: April 9, 2007 9:52:59 PM EDT
>  Subject: Subject: comparison
>

> I am looking for  information and sources that show the comparison
> of   =
> breastmilk and artificial milk especially related to DHA and  ARA
> being  =

i have gotten a cpl of wonderful replies via my personal email to this  query
posted on lactnet. unfortunately i did not post the original request but  did
attempt to reply to it. i never saw my reply come through but have noticed
when it is subsequently quoted by others, it has been truncated to the point
that it appears i am somehow the original poster. it must be the aol glitch in
action that rachel alerted lactnet about. i have made sure my aol settings
specifically accept lactnet emails (they always have and continue to do so) and
 am attempting to repost my reply in order to :

a). see if it works this time
and
b). clarify who the original poster was to ensure they get the great  answers
i have been receiving. that person's email is:  [log in to unmask]
(mailto:[log in to unmask])

and here was my reply i never saw come through...

i hope that these may be of some help to you! the one that compares
ingredients directly says formula has no dha, which is no longer accurate - to
debatable extent - , but the other specific comparisons are still very  compelling...

_Comparison of Human Milk and  Formula*_
(http://askdrsears.com/html/2/T021600.asp)

_micorbial  ecology of the bowel: ff v. bf_
(http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=7143428)

_The  Amazing Immunology of Breastmilk*_
(http://www.healthychild.com/database/the_amazing_immunology_of_breastmilk.htm)

_The Newborn Immune System  and Immunological Benefits of Breastmilk*_
(http://www.gentlebirth.org/vre/newimmun.html)

_Immune Benefits of  Breast Milk*_
(http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/8148/bmilk.html)

~jacqui gruttadauria, bsw