From:
Sam Doak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2008 09:33:55 -0500
Interesting. My son had a T&A when he was 18 months old. He was the ONLY
child in the ward who was breastfed (this was a factory hospital, at least
25 babies under 18mo had a T&A that am). He was also the ONLY child to exit
recovery without issue, without crying, without any problems at all. In
fact, we went home within 3 hours of his surgery.

The staff was amazed that he did so well. Ummm, maybe because he was taking
fluids as well as being soothed at the breast. Their big concern was
bleeding post surgery, and didn't want him nursed, but when they saw how
calm he was, they wondered why more mothers didn't breastfeed.

Yah, me too!

Sam Doak

<<
The ENT says that she cannot nurse for 2 weeks following surgery.
I have searched the archieves and the last post on this topic was in 2005.