From:
Ros Escott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 1997 23:28:07 +0000
<<<So, while your reminder to be sensitive to the issue of exteme
pain is well taken, the need is great to get a message across to the
press that that kind of scaremongering is intolerable>>>.

Margot, I couldn't agree with you more.  We have just had some
Of course, the responses were edited and adulterated. They also had
the cheek to write that all these women on the editorial team had
breastfed for all this time - as if that somehow made the original
article acceptable.  They should have known better.  It was all to
get attention - they knew the original article would generate a huge
reaction. Still, it is important to play their game to lessen the
impact on breastfeeding.

Ros Escott
Tasmania, Australia