From:
Diana Dietz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 1996 15:27:06 -0700
Hello! Special thanks to Jon for sharing information about Microsoft's
web site and it's information on breastfeeding. I urge anyone who
hasn't visited the site to do so ASAP, it's very impressive. The
"Pregnancy and Child Care Preview" section has a library of articles
that are amazingly up-to-date and pro-breastfeeding. Of course, there
are a few little things here and there that some of us would like to
revise, but GUESS WHAT... Microsoft WANTS your feedback. I e-mailed a
complimentary letter to the editor and also suggested that they
consider revising some photos of moms expressing milk. ("One
suggestion: your photos of moms expressing milk are very instructive,
however, showing a 'naked' woman gives many people the impression that
you HAVE to be bare-chested to breastfeed or express milk. I hope
you'll consider replacing the photos with a close-up of the breast and
hands only OR with mom fully clothed and just part of the breast
exposed.") I received the following response the next day:

>Dear Diana:
>       We're so pleased that you like our service... it means a lot
>    coming from a professional such as yourself!
>       And thank you for the constructive criticism regarding the
>    photos in our breastfeeding articles. I totally agree with you and
>    have put your request in for future editorial modifications to our
>    product.
>       Please continue to send us feedback... we really appreciate and
>    welcome it.
>    Very best wishes, Dympna Burkhart, Editor

This URL worked best for me: http://207.68.142.28.80/MSHealth/Home.HTM.

Diana Dietz, RN, BSN
Diana Designs - designs that celebrate breastfeeding and mothers
http://www.prairienet.org/community/health/laleche/diana.html