Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 1997 00:35:15 +0000
Just wanted to share an advantage of breastfeeding that may have not
been discussed.  It occurred to me when my 10 yr old daughter started
playing the clarinet 3 months ago that all the excersize she received
while breastfeeding has helped prepare her checks for playing the
instrument. Recently, her band teacher told all the clarinet students
that their check muscles will strengthen with practice.  I'll have to
find the opportunity to inform him that her checks are in tip top shape
given 2+ years of breastfeeding.  Do you think his jaw will hit the
floor?

Assunta Osterholt, IBCLC
http://www.earthlink.net/~oster6