Date:
Mon, 7 May 2001 20:25:04 EDT
In a message dated 05/07/2001 5:18:54 PM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< I don't know if anyone remembers the request for contributions to an
extended
 breastfeeding article for the New York Times magazine, but it has been done,
 and is now published.  I have to admit, in my excitement to read it, I pretty
 much just skimmed it, but I didn't see anything that I had a problem with. I
 was a little disappointed in the picture, I think we could have used
 something more discrete than the tried and tired "breastfeeding in a
 bathrobe" scenario. But, overall, not bad. >>
I didn't even think of that Melinda, since the little girl was in her jammies
too... I thought the article was amazing, considering it was in the NY Times.
Clear, presented the situation well,  without judgment, and focused on what
some of the benefits might be, I especially liked the Sears quote about
nursing promoting connection, and the many disconnected kids of today being
such a part of this culture. It's so rare I read an article about
breastfeeding in a "mainstream" publication that doesn't make my hair stand
on end. I enjoyed it immensely.
Judy LeVan Fram, Brooklyn, NY