From:
Linda Pohl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2006 06:03:35 -0800
  Hello –
    I am an IBCLC currently living and working in India.  I have a colleague whose wife is expecting her first child in 7 months.  She needs recommendations for good literature written in Japanese.  I only speak/read English so I am unable to evaluate Japanese literature, even if I knew what to get.  Mom speaks English but reading English is difficult for her. She is college educated and a nurse.  I am wondering if anyone can cite for me some Japanese language pregnancy, birthing and/or breastfeeding books.  Mom would like to purchase some books/pamphlets in her native language.

I am hoping for something along the lines of Jack Newman or the like for breastfeeding, attachment parenting and gentle birthing for the rest.  Perhaps you have some websites that are particularly good.  I have just sent e-mail to each of the IBCLCs on the ILCA website as well as the LLLLs listed for Japan so that base has been covered.  Any additional information you have would be appreciated.
    Regards,
          Linda L Pohl, IBCLC, RLC
Phoenix (AZ, USA), Washington DC (USA), Chennai (India)
Read my adventures at www.PohlHome.com