From:
Mandy O'Reilly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 23:27:11 -0400
Dear Lactnetters,

I have recently taken on the challenge of Country Coordinator for the newly
established IBCLE in Indonesia.

Ther are no certified lactation consultants in Indonesia to speak of. There
are however a core group of folk who are very comitted to breastfeeding
education and promotion. Currently they lack skills, knowledge and money to
really make an impact. Individual candidates could not consider taking the
IBCLE out of country because even the cost of the exam fee in Australian
dollars is beyond there reach.

We are currently starting a Lactation education course to prepare our first
candidates for the IBCLE exams next year. We have multiple challanges to
face in this regard, the least of all is lack of financing generally.
However we are very positive and will manage.

A large proportion of the course participants cannot afford to buy even one
lactation text. Our group, The Indonesian Breastfeeding Promotion
Foundation, is currently trying to set up a library to address this issue.
To this end if anyone is willing or able to donate (recent) old edition
textbooks or even journals we would be very grateful.

For postal address details and further information (any assistance or input
very welcome) please contact me via my e-mail address.

Kind Regards

Mandy O'Reilly
IBCLC
nurse midwife