From:
Esther Friedman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2008 20:55:40 -0800
Hi Terri,
    They are likely concerned about the risk of post-op bleeding, but this
is absolutely ridiculous.  My son had the same surgery at about 3 1/2 years
of age and was BF the same day, no problem at all.  Ask the ENT if he is to
have ANY fluids?  If so, how is drinking via a cup less risk than BF? Would
he allow a bottle?  If so, why not BF?  Again, that old altar of ignorance
looking for a new sacrifice....
                          Esther Friedman, IBCLC, RLC, LLLL, Mom