From:
Terriann Shell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 1997 10:13:43 -0800
As a former cosmetologist, we learned that the shape of the follical and
heredity mainly controls hair curliness.  Foods, medicines affect the
hair as it is formed within the follical but it is really "dead" after it
leaves the root. (and look how long it takes for baby hair to grow.  It
would have to grow out of the follicle and to the point to where you
could see it before noticing a difference and a week or two isn't going
to do this)

  To effect an change, you would have to change a chemical bond in the
hair (perm, straightener) or a hydrogen bond (curlers and water or heat).

What I am getting at is that foods should have NOTHING to do with how
baby hair sticks up.  That would be also be a factor of short legnth and
fineness (not heavy enough to stay down and static electricity).

Terriann Shell, IBCLC
Big Lake, Alaska