Date:
Fri, 24 Oct 1997 22:33:33 -0500
A few moms I have worked with who truly do not seem to be producing milk
(have pumped one side while nursing the other in the first weeks of
breastfeeding, babies were losing weight when totally nursing at the breast
only, tried metoclopromide with no milk production as well as the s/s you
describe) had taken drugs to stimulate ovulation, did maintain pregnancies
with out meds.  I have been looking for information linking women who are
unable to conceive due ovulation difficulties being unable to produce milk
ie: anterior pituitary production of prolactin and FSH.  One mother had a
physician who was willing to draw a one time random prolactin level, the
other one's wouldn't.  The second mom was recently at a talk I did and came
up to afterwards in tears, still grieving two years later over the
inability to produce milk, but did keep baby at the breast part time with a
supplementer until she returned to work at 6 weeks.  She is planning on a
second pregnancy next year so I am very interested in what your post
brings.