From:
sheila stubbs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 20:41:18 -0500
I just did a google search and came up with the following.

From the SIDS website

"This year, 2003, the American SIDS Institute celebrates its 20th
anniversary. We have much to celebrate. Because of efforts by the Institute
and other organizations, the sudden infant death rate is at an all time low.
Since 1983, the rate of SIDS has fallen by over 50 percent. Sadly, there are
still about 2,500 deaths per year in the United States, and thousands more
throughout the world."

www.sids.org
From the CSPC website

CPSC Warns Against Placing Babies in Adult Beds; Study finds 64 deaths each
year from suffocation and strangulation
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is
warning parents and caregivers about the dangers of placing babies to sleep
in adult beds. A CPSC study published in the October issue of the Archives
of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine found that placing babies to sleep in
adult beds puts them at risk of suffocation or strangulation. This is a
danger of which many parents and caregivers are unaware. The study revealed
an average 64 deaths per year to babies under the age of 2 years placed to
sleep in adult beds, including waterbeds and daybeds.

A review of incident data from January 1990 to December 1997 linked adult
beds to at least 515 baby deaths.

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml99/99175.html

Let me get this straight: 64 babies die every year in parent's beds.
But 2500 babies die alone in their cribs every year.

And sleeping with PARENTS is considered to be dangerous?

Sheila Stubbs
www.birthingtheeasyway.tk