From:
The Kitchen's <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 16:52:33 -0700
To Coach Smith, Kathy Au. and all those generous with their suggestions:

        I was able to speak with my partner again armed with your
suggestions and a copyof the WHO code, hoping to gently persuade her to
see things in my perspective. Unfortunately or fortunately it became the
catalyst that ended the partnership, there were other small issues as
well. It seems that the magazine was given to her by one of the GP's
[general practitioner] at the hospital where we both work.  She felt
that he had far more medical credability than I and she did not want to
be chastised in the nursing community.{We are both working in a
small, small rural hospital). I feel bad for her, she does not have the
17 years of Nursing experience that I have to know, that in this world
you should answer only to your own conscience not the comments of
others.
        I take this as a small step backwards but remember that the
"road to breastfeeding heaven is paved with good intentions".
        Thank you again for your support,

        Kellie Kitchen RN/IBCLC..."Primadonna" fanatic--a title I hope
that will fade away with time....hahah