From:
Lorne Currie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jun 1999 07:13:53 +0200
   I would so sincerely like to thanks you wonderful girls for your advice
and support - it truly helped me - your a so special!   I have printed all
the messages out and will keep them!   Jean Ridler from Cape Town got me
interested in Lactnet and I still thank you Jean!
    I would like to clarify something - the mohter that fed the wrong baby
is a dear friend of mine and also the hospital's Social Worker!   When she
fell pregnant I started to coach her - she was fed on the "Womanly Art",
Jack's notes (all my patients get to read Jack's notes - funny they keep
disappearing!)   She had just had her Caesar and come back from theatre  We
were both so excited about getting the baby on the breast.   We do not have
rooming-in at night but during the day certainly.   This Nurse just brought
the wrong baby!   I get the baby of all Caesar patients to the breast as
soon as I can.   We are moving to a new ward and every patient will have
their own room and guess what is going to happen at night? - Rooming-in.
Really going to push for it.
     I have not heard from the upper eschalons yet.   Be sure I will be
having my say re formula etc etc etc.   I am also writing to the hospital
lawyer.
Thanks once again.
Barbie Currie (whose nerves have been restored to normality with help from
my friends!)