From:
vgthorley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 May 2005 18:21:01 +1000
Just to respond to Winnie's comment: When a baby has attached with the lips
too pursed because of inadequate gape, I like to tell the mother the side of
the mouth is spelling my initial ("V") and needs to be more like an "O", for
"orange".  If it happens again, I can do some education in a nice, light
ay  - "Look, s/he's spelling my name with her/his mouth!  What does that
mean?"
It works for me - I don't know if it works for others.  (It goes hand in
hand with some simple visual aids to demonstrate latch.)
Virginia
in Brisbane.