From:
Adelina Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2012 21:36:59 +0200
Hi all,

I am helping a new mother who has had her  first baby . She wanted to breastfeed her baby but although she knew how to begin  she had  nipple cracked the first day. She got in touch with me because her baby lost weight  and his diapers hardly were wet even though he was more than ten times  on the breast .
When I saw her I noticed that  she  had breast underdeveloped. Her medical history not include infertility and her hormonal levels are normal.
She only can produce very little milk in one of her breast and at the moment she is feeding her baby with formula but her son doesīt refuse the breast and despite the fact that she hasnīt  milk she enjoys with breastfeeding.
She uses breast pump regularly and is taking domperidona.
Looking for information I have found that hypoplasia  could be in relation with POQS although she hasnīt symptoms and in that case metformine could  help her.
Do you have any experience in similar cases?

Thanks in advance

Adelina Garcia, RN, IBCLC
Spain