From:
Diane Wiessinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 10:15:13 -0500
>I told
>the story of a nutritionist whose baby was weighed at birth, and then next
>morning.  Result? 500 gram weight loss.  Now, instead of questioning the
>scales...

My son was 2 yo when we changed towns.  Going from one dr's office to the
other, he lost height.  Of course no one ever gave a *thought* to the
possibility that both measurements had been correct and that he had,
indeed, shrunk during our travels.  There was just a shrug and no further
mention.

Funny that we're totally willing to concede error in measurers of inches
but not ounces (centimeters but not grams, for you lucky people who live in
a metric world).

Diane Wiessinger, MS, IBCLC  Ithaca, NY  who tells parents right up front
that if my scale registers lower than the doctor's we'll call it a
difference in scales, but if it registers higher we'll celebrate the
gain...