From:
Ellen Kadden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2008 10:15:35 -0500
I can't help adding to this-
I work with a mother's group every week, and just last week went onto the office to search
the internet for baby food grinders so I could give the information to the group.  I was so
pleased to see that they are still offering the "Happy baby", as I would have been lost
without mine, 28 years ago.  The only time I ever bought baby food was when the cat was
sick.
I often send my mothers to the local LLL group for further information, and still recommend
mashed ripe banana, avocado, and when the baby is a little bit older, the chicken leg with
bits of meat.  Also I tell them rice cereal is not necessarily the "best" first food. We do talk
about vegetables with nitrates, and I suggest avoiding them until the baby is older (9months
or so).
Honestly, the easiest baby I fed was my youngest, the micro-premie.  He didn't get solids
until he was old enough to sit up and pick up bits of food.  And today, he is still the best
eater of the three!
I'm sure that someday when we move, I will find all the parts of the grinder, and perhaps it
can be passed down to a grandchild.  They are great.
Shivering (again) in southern Connecticut, where the poor confused daffodils are already
poking through the dead leaves-
Ellen Kadden, LLLL, MA, IBCLC
mother of three deprived of jarred baby food kids