From:
Kathy Rubin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 14:36:18 EDT
Elisheva reported on a mom with fluorescent green milk--how cool!! Also how
did she know what color it was if the baby was nursing?? I just hit upon a
great study--now don't anybody steal my idea as I WILL get to actually doing
research one of these days.....I want to have every mom express some milk so
that we can see and compare the normal color ranges. That way we won't worry
every time someone has a "funny or unique" colored milk! Hmmmm, how to get
around the JCAHO regulations that one cannot use color comparison tests (like
urine dipsticks) anymore unless you take a colorblindness test first. Oh this
will be a complicated study!! And, as someone said in the past (Jack, was it
you??) if the mom was nursing the baby we would not know what color the milk
was. Just musing here...

Kathy in NJ IBCLC
RN C (Maternal-infant), APN C (Family Nurse Practitioner)
PhD student hoping to study labor and lactation issues