Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 06:44:29 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (10 lines)
Getting community donations is actually pretty simple. I work off the same principles that our dear formula companies are working on. Everyone wants advertising, everyone wants their name out there, some people just giving a gift certificate is more than enough. The main thing is keep your mind open and just ASK!!! I have found that sending a letter explaining what you do, followed by a phone call is most effective. As someone said, something's are arguable depending who you are, so select based on  your population and your staff feelings. We have had gift certificates donated by McDonald's, Hamburger Stand, baby clothes from Gymboree, massage's, one month free at a health club, 25% the purchase of a bike at a bike store, One free 8x10 pregnancy photo from a Photography studio, one romantic night at a local hotel, Free dinner's from various restaurants, Mervyns, Walmart, Kmart (all three have employee programs that vote monthly to donate, you have to fill out a form and be specific about what  you want (baby blankets, car seat) You get the idea. Advertising, getting their name out is all about saying when you hand it out. We have a donation scale. Basically, If someone donates $10 -$100 worth they are mentioned in class (when you give it out), If they donate $200-$500 they maybe get a small logo on flyers or mentioned in radio ads (another donation); Large donations may become sponsors for the class. We had a local health club do this once, everyone in that class I believe got one year at the club to promote prenatal and postnatal programs that were starting. That's the idea. Basically, find the person in charge and ask. Once you make the contacts, especially in larger cities, if it is obvious advertising buisnesses will start asking to donate. Oh, and samples, contact the distributor or manufacturing company, I didn't do this but heard from co-worker it was VERY easy.Hope that helps:)

Sarah TannerGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2