From:
beadie cambardella <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 11:39:41 -0500
Hello to all.  Having been no mail for several months I come back to the
font of knowledge for an assist

Please, let me say  thank to all who were so kind and supportive to me as I
grieved the loss of my mother. As the fifth of eight breastfed healthy
children, I am reminded daily as I am clinically employed  as a LC what an
advantage I had growing up in a family culture where nursing a baby is the
norm.  She, too, was a font of knowledge and a wonderful inspiration all of
her 95 years.  I miss her so .

Dr Andy Toledo MD, a Partner Physician at the Southeastern Fertility
Institute /Reproductive Biology Associates and a Clinical Assistant
Professor Dept of Gyn and Ob Emory U School of Med in Atlanta is speaking at
the annual breastfeeding conference.
"Endocrinology of Lactation: Lactation Difficulties in Women Who Have Had
Infertility Problems" is the title.
I need you to please share with me and Dr. Toledo cases that you have worked
with or read about that involved women who had experience infertility
problems  who could not make enough milk for their newborns.
That is --it was a real true problem or one that is perceived.  Also any
other info-- fact or anecdotal that relates to this issue.  Those of you who
may have these mothers in your practice and have seen  any other mothering
concerns that may have been confused with lactation as well as true
endocrine diagnosis.

The infertility Drs are always surprised when they hear of some difficulties
because after conception and a viable fetus and a few week of follow-up
these ladies are turned over to the ob/cnm for the rest of the pregnancy.  I
am happy to know that  Dr Toledo is interested and listening and  eager to
share with him the experiences that some of us have seen.
Thanks so much for sharing these cases.
Beadie Cambardella RN FACCE IBCLC