From:
Janet Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 1998 21:46:48 -0800
HI all,
Just a thought on the lazy baby.  It seems odd to me that mom has to really
work with this baby to feed her.  My suggestion to mom would be to have a
more thorough checkup of baby.  ALmost all babies I have come into contact
with who were this sleepy/lazy had some sort of heart problem and simply
didn't have the energy to feed.  Oftentimes, the heart condition was one
that on first check, escaped notice.  Hopefully, this baby will wake up and
start showing some interest, and a heart condition is not the problem.

Now a question for those of you who have worked with moms who were bulemic.
If you will remember a few weeks ago I asked about a client of mine who told
me she was bulemic, but not active since last April.  I talked to her again
and found that she was actively bulemic during her first pregnancy and
attempt at BF (in which she failed to produce any more than a few drops).
During her 2nd pregnancy she said she was not actively bulemic, nor was she
active during her attempt at BF (was able to supply just under 1/3 of babys
needs). There are only 18 months between the children (she did this on
purpose...now she is wondering if she was nuts!) Both pregnancies were
difficult for her, and she was labled high risk, delivered both babies 4-6
wks early.  After 2nd pregnancy, she developed a blood clot in one leg and
was hosp for 3 weeks, and on bedrest for several months.
My question is can the fact that she had been actively bulemic through one
pregnancy and BF attempt have messed up her body so badly to have affected
her 2nd pregnancy and BF attempt?
Does anyone have any references or web sites they know of that I can access
to find more info?
BTW, she never told her Dr she was bulemic.  Thankfully, she is no longer
active, tho it is a struggle for her.
TIA for any help!  Please e-mail privately as well as to the list.
Jay
Jay Simpson, CLE
Sacramento, CA
"No Miracles performed here, just a lot of love and hard work."
ICQ#4681696