From:
gonneke van veldhuizen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2007 02:59:47 -0700
When I assist moms in latching their babies on, I avoid talking about holds or grips or sandwiches. I tell them that if they find it helpful to form their breast to better fit babies mouth to gently press well behind the areola and flatten the breast so the wider axis will fit into the wider axis of babies' mouth.
It totally depends on both mom and babe's anatomy and their combined positioning how the hand will be positioned and it may well be neither C nor U

Met vriendelijke groet,

Gonneke van Veldhuizen, IBCLC
lactatiekundige

  www.eurolac.net
  praktijk voor lactatiekunde
  centrum voor borstvoeding informatie en educatie

www.eurolac.net/forum