From:
Beth McLellan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 2014 11:18:30 -0400
I am a lactation consultant in a NICU and I am posting for a coworker with her permission. She is 34 3/7 week pregnant and has been diagnosed with a lactating adenoma as confirmed by a needle biopsy. She states that it has been growing from about a pea size to a large grape size just since she found it about 2 weeks ago. She hasn't received much information about breastfeeding because her physician wasn't quite sure what she could expect. Her main concern is how rapidly it is growing and will breastfeeding on that side be possible?  She is also wondering if she should have it removed now before delivery or would that interfere with breastfeeding or would it come back with lactation? This is new territory for me so I am asking if anyone here has worked with other moms with the same diagnosis?
Thanks in advance,
Beth McLellan
Lansing MI