From:
Yael Edelstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2006 02:31:31 -0500
Dear All,

I watched Dr. Neuman's lecture from Pheonix with much interest but was a bit
taken aback by his approach to making mothers feel guilty about not
breastfeeding. He used various advertisements about health issues to
illustrate his point i. e. we make everone feel guilty about all sorts of health
issues, breastfeeding is no different.
I know it's been discussed before but I'd like to hear it again. What do you,
the Lactnet women think?

Yael Edelstein,
ICEC BC
Israel

P.S. Relevant to the ahnd expression discussion: Just as a personal anecdote,
in all my long years of breast feeding, I hardly used a pump, I hand expressed
when I worked. My daughter does the same thing. We are both, shall we say,
well endowed, and find hand works better than pump for us. In addition we
have an allergy to fuss and equipment when materials at hand will do.