From:
Nina Berry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2006 06:50:46 +1000
At the very first lactation conference I went to, I heard a woman speak
about her study of the use of paw paw cream in lactation.  She had found
that the use of paw paw cream was associated with an increase in cases of
mastitis.  The control group used medical grade lanolin (which comes in a
tube).  She concluded that the paw paw cream was contaminated either from
repeated dipping of fingers into jars (and some mothers reported also using
the same jar for their babies' nappy area) or from the factory since it is
not made under sterile conditions.  I would be concerned that cocoa butter
suffers from the same issues as paw paw cream.

Nina Berry BA/Bed(Hons) Dip Arts(Phil)
Breastfeeding Counsellor
PhD Candidate - "Ethical Issues in the marketing of 'Toddler Milks'"