From:
Cassidy Hotz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 2011 21:28:35 -0800
In my experience as a mother of a kiddo with Eosinophilic Esophagitis and my
work with other families whose children have EGID, nutramigen is not considered
a truly hypoallergenic formula. In America, the only truly hypoallergenic
formulas appropriate for this population are Neocate/EO28 and Elecare (including
most flavored versions of either). Are you aware of any information on the MSG
content of these formulas? I am curious to see what the levels are, especially
in light of the long time frames many children are exclusively on these
formulas. My own son was almost exclusively on formula from age 3-6, but I know
many children who are formula fed for much longer.

Thanks!
Cassidy, IBCLC, LLL and proud momma to a 7 year old EE kiddo who has 50 foods!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Subject: Amino Acid Based Formula: Only somewhat mysterious

Nothing comes from nothing, at least I think that is still so.
Products characterized as amino acid formulations are NOT created from
hydrolyzed-protein;
they are mixed from ELEMENTAL amino acids.
People in labs, not farmers milking cows or growing soy beans, make them.
Frank J. Nice, RPh, DPA, CPHP

Subject: references for MSG in infant formula

Dear Lactnet Friends:

<http://www.truthinlabeling.org/formulacopy.html>

<http://www.rense.com/politics6/msgbaby.htm>

warmly,
Nikki

--
Nikki Lee RN, BSN, Mother of 2, MS, IBCLC, CCE, CIMI, ANLC
craniosacral therapy practitioner