Date:
Fri, 29 May 2009 12:14:57 -0400
I hope that's not how I said it! In our schools, kids are now allowed to
have nits as long as there are no live bugs. Not good. Kids share lockers,
but the teachers only check table mates, who may or may not share lockers.

The chemicals are relatively easy, but you really have to stay on top of it.
They can't be applied one time and forgotten, and it's that way these
outbreaks continue - they never really go away, because there's always
something in there.

So whether you use chemicals or a natural way, you still have to be
fastidious about the combing and checking.

It's just like motherhood - does it make you a bad mom because you use a
stroller? I don't think so. Are you a better mom because you use a sling?
Not necessarily. There are always different ways of meeting the needs of our
families and others, and many people aren't aware there are options! I
thought babies HAD TO have pacifiers, and MUST sleep in cribs. I am so
thankful for the women who made me aware of options, because I wouldn't have
survived four children without them!

Best wishes,
Sam Doak

We're going to Candy Mountain, Charlie!

<<Yep, Karen, one here! ;o) (Don't kill me... hahaha) Does that make us bad,

lazy ignorants...?! :-o (Yeah, no need for lectures... I read all the posts
and agree it's better without the poison...)
We went through it once or twice and the way my days look now, I can hardly
believe being able to go through that time-consuming procedure for ages in a

row with a bunch of little children that could all be affected. Sigh... all
my breastfeeding work must be to clear my conscience: wasn't breastfed and
am eating liquorice right now, instead of an apple...! :-)
So, all due respect to those who manage without chemicals! :o))

Bye,

Marianne Vanderveen IBCLC, >>