Date:
Mon, 7 May 2001 16:57:18 +0200
I am sure that alot of what is said in the digest may occasionally seem hurtful to some of us, in turn.
You can be sure of a number of things that I believe I can state safely on the behalf of all of us LC's in particular and other HCPs in general:
1. As we all, at one time or another, do come across unenlightened medical HCP's, we are often very frustrated and state as such without meaning to bash the entire medical world.
2.  None of the a.m. statements, or complaints are meant to be personal affronts.
3. We often air complaints directed at uninformed HCP's which can include anyone from LLLleaders, LC's, Nurses, Nutritionists and Doctors. We can all learn from these complaints because they can emanate from all different paths. (we even read about uninformed LC's as well)
4.  None of us know everything, and we all have something to learn.
5. It is my understanding that this digest is meant for professionals in the field of lactation, and serves as a source of information, support and a superb means of letting off steam without physically battering someone!!! (May those who feel slighted be thankful for LACTNET!)
6.  Sarcasm? Humour? Those are the basis on which we (LC's) survive. If we were to take every case at face value I assure you we would be crying (together with the moms). For many of us, who work either voluntarily or at next to starving salaries and are overworked and often underpaid to clean up the mess caused by unprofessional and uninformed HCP's when in most cases these problems could have been prevented, then IMHO we deserve a safe (far from lawsuits) environment in which to vent these frustrations.
Sorry if I went overboard and misinterpreted your posting. But, hey, if we can't vent here, then where can we?