From:
Jennifer Tow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 2000 22:38:12 EDT
In a message dated 4/22/0 5:55:57 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< that

babies naturally stop breastfeeding  for 3-5 seconds - that this is the

normal pause and they have not found a physical reason - not due to low

oxygen, etc.  And, that babies would resume feeding whether spoken to or

attended to or not.

Therefore they feel it is the pause that is meant to be there for mothers

and babies to interact.  >>

I most certainly teach some mothers breast compression (as w/ Jack--I don't
tend to see mothers anymore who aren't having pretty serious problems), but
the above post brought to mind one of my favorite lines: "It is the space
between the notes that makes the music". Seemed appropriate here.
Jennifer Tow, IBCLC, CT, USA