From:
Karleen Gribble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Mar 2004 20:39:11 +1000
Whoever "diagnosed" this baby knew stuff all about normal attachment or
attachment disorder.
One of my interests is how breastfeeding can assist children at risk of
attachment issues, it doesn't hurt, it helps....a lot! Hard to believe that
someone could say such stupid things! I too hope this mum follows through.
For those wanting a good overview of attachment research I highly recommend
a book called "Becoming Attached" by Robert Karen.
Karleen Gribble
Australia

> So, she sought help from someone (again, I am not sure what sort of
> professional she consulted with) who diagnosed this "severe attachment
> disorder" and told her she must immediately wean.  They also taught
> her "sleep methods" to get him to sleep and now he was sleeping through
the
> night.

  She told me that she