From:
Virginia Thorley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jul 2015 16:10:16 +1000
To those who offered suggestion, no, it isn't a case of a mother wanting
a reason to stop breastfeeding or not liking her baby. We are exploring a
few issues, including better ways of dealing with fast flow, enabling the
baby to get a full feed from each breast by (temporary) block feeding, as
well as my experience that some babies who vomit keep the second lot down
(which may partly explain keeping the artificial milk down). A lot of the
vomiting is overflow, but occasionally milk from the stomach.
Someone on lactnet suggested asking about gluten, as something in
human diets and not in cow's diets, and I've explored this.
I asked for suggestions in case there was something I may have missed in
preparing for the consult. As with a lot of puzzling situations, they can
sound worse in a text message than during a full consult with
history-taking and observations, and usually there's more than one
underlying factor. I shan't comment further for confidentiality reasons.

Virginia Thorley, OAM, PhD, IBCLC, FILCA
Private Practice IBCLC (cohort of 1985)
Queensland, Australia